Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!



If you love Epcot as much as I do, then you probably already know that Epcot is home to several festivals throughout the year. My family’s personal favorite is the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, which takes place every spring. During this festival, Epcot comes alive with the colors of spring and elaborate themed topiaries can be found throughout the park. There are also special festival booths and kiosks that offer festival merchandise and seasonal food and drink offerings. On our most recent trip to Disney World, my family and I took a day to experience the festival and I can’t wait to share some of our favorites!






One of our favorite things to do at the Flower and Garden Festival is to take photographs of all the beautiful flowers. If you have an interest in photography, or if you simply want to capture and preserve family memories, you’ll find great subject matter during the festival. My husband is an avid photographer and he captured all the beautiful photos you see in this post.







My husband is all about photography during the Flower and Garden Festival, but I’m all about the food! There is so much great food to be enjoyed at the festival booths throughout Epcot and some of my favorites were the Pizza Toscana at Primavera Kitchen in the Italy pavilion, the Tarte au Chevre at Fleur De Lys in the France pavilion, and the ever popular Violet Lemonade at the Pineapple Promenade. Violet Lemonade is a festival staple and has become so popular that there’s even special merchandise commemorating it!





My favorite part of Epcot is World Showcase, and during the Flower and Garden Festival there’s even more to love about this part of the park. Of course the gardens throughout World Showcase are in full bloom during the Flower and Garden Festival, but each pavilion also has unique topiaries, food items, and often special activities to take part in. For instance, the UK pavilion offers a tea garden tour where you can learn all about what goes into brewing all the different teas we enjoy. The Garden Rocks Concert Series in the America pavilion brings in live entertainment by artists you know and love. Best of all, these concerts are included with your regular park admission! You can check out this year’s lineup here.









If you’d love to visit the Flower and Garden Festival, but you’re concerned that your children wouldn’t enjoy it, rest assured that there’s so much for kids to do at the festival! There’s a special play area set up for children with plenty of seating for tired moms and dads as well. And, for $6.99 plus tax, your children can purchase a map and take part in Spike’s Pollen Nation scavenger hunt. This scavenger hunt takes participants all throughout the Flower and Garden Festival asking them to find the bee Spike as he pollinates various flowers. Once the scavenger hunt is finished, kids can redeem their completed map for a special prize. To give you a little help, I’ve revealed one of Spike’s locations in the photo below!


There’s so much to see and enjoy at Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival and I hope that you’ll get the chance to experience all this year’s festival has to offer. It runs now through June 3rd, so be sure to book your vacation soon so you don’t miss out. As always, I'm here to help you plan a magical vacation. My planning services are complimentary if you book your vacation through me and it costs the same to book with me as it does to book on Disney’s website. Email me at ginger@marvelousmousetravels.com to find me on Facebook to get started planning your Marvelous vacation today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I'm Willing to Splurge On at Disney World

Disney World on a Budget